Monday, January 10, 2011

Tortilla Soup

This has been a favorite of mine for awhile--just good. This recipe came from DeNai Decker, also at a Cub Scout function. You'd think that's the only thing I do.

Same old big soup pot:

3-4 chicken breasts, cut up and cook thoroughly
4 cans chicken broth
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 jar salsa (I use my own homemade)

I serve this with sour cream, especially if the salsa is a little on the hot side. Then I make quesadillas on the griddle.

Butter one side of a flour tortilla, lay buttered side on griddle. Add cheese to on half, fold over. Turn until browned! I cut them into three triangles and serve with the soup. We're dippers at our house, so that's how we eat this soup.

I've seen lots of recipes where they say to add tomatoes, celery, etc. but my salsa has chunks of tomatoes, so I don't add any. I really think the celery and onions or anything else would get lost in the salsa, so I don't add it.

I've also seen to add avocado, which I've tried, but didn't think it really added anything. In fact, it got lost, too. So, keep it simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment