Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sharee's Barbecued Meatloaf

My recipe card for this is almost not readable--doesn't that tell you which recipes are the best?

This came from an neighbor when we lived in Sugarhouse--Sharee Wood. Great neighbor. Found out, after we'd lived by each other for awhile, that I was good friends with her husband's sister. I'd even spent a Thanksgiving at their house in California--he was about 14 at the time. Pretty funny.

Anyway. On to barbecued meatloaf.

1 lb hamburger
1/4 c water
1/4 c lemon juice
1 egg
onion, if desired
bread crumbs from 4 slices fresh bread (I make the crumbs with a little mixer/chopper I have)

Mix this up and make little individual mounds on a cookie sheet, kind of football shaped. Cook at 350 for 15 minutes.

During that time, make the sauce as follows:

1/2 cup brown sugar (I love dark brown sugar)
1/2 cup catsup
1 tsp mustard powder
1/4 tsp allspice (I have never put this in, sounds nasty to me)
couple shakes of Worchestershire sauce

Stir this in a small saucepan until bubbly.

After the 15 minutes precook time, spoon the sauce over the meat-mounds--they're not really loaves--and cook for another 30-45 minutes.

This sauce is great and it's fun to have your own little meat-mound!

No comments:

Post a Comment